Stanmore Hall has been used in several movies and TV series. It was during Stanmore Hall’s difficult period after 1972 that many television productions were shot here.
- Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) – ‘All Work and No Pay’
- The Saint – ‘The Hi-jackers’, ‘The Rhine Maiden’, ‘The House on Dragon’s Rock’, ‘The Ex-King of Diamonds’
- The Baron – ‘The Man Outside’
- The Avengers – ‘From Venus with Love’, ‘The Winged Avenger’
- The Champions – ‘The Final Countdown’
- The Adventurer – ‘Icons are Forever’
- The Professionals – ‘Blind Run’, ‘Need to Know’
Thriller episode Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are (1974)
Home of the unique and wonderful Jack MacGowran who plays an eccentric scientist.
Horror film productions also made use of it’s Gothic splendour. The Hall doubled as the home of Baron Frankenstein (Peter Cushing) in Lee Hammer’s Frankenstein Must be Destroyed and also featured as Inver House, an orphanage full of demonic children, in Nothing but the Night starring Diana Dors and Keith Barron.