Stanmore Hall was designed by Irish architect John Macduff Derick (1810-61) and later modified by architect Brightwen Binyon for William Knox-D’Arcy, founder of BP.

Links to articles provided by the Stanmore Tourist Board can be found here

Stanmore Hall contained  many fine examples of William Morris design and decoration, which were nearly all lost in a disastrous fire.

Reception Floor by William Morris The Library